1 whole month with Kip!

Kiptyn Lars is 5 weeks old now, how is that even possible. 5 weeks of pregnancy is eternity, literally. And 5 weeks with a newborn is a blink.



swaddle: Lulujo

No one really prepares you for the adjustment of one chaotic mini to one chaotic mini and a newborn. Carsen is 3.5 and was a fairly dreamy toddler (besides the attitude) until about.. 5 weeks ago. I now have probably the whiniest (is that a word? It should be) 3 year old alive.. With the BIGGEST ATTITUDE. Kiptyn is dream baby, he eats well, he only wakes up twice a night and has made his own schedule already (I know it's bound to change). Carsen is what is taking adjusting to. 


My toddler tip: take them outside, every day. Even if for 15 minutes, even on the days you don't want to! It will make you both feel better! 

hat: aldo
top: joe fresh
cardigan: jardines domain
sandles: call it spring

Whenever I am breastfeeding Kiptyn, Carsen needs something 5 minutes ago and i have about 25 seconds to retrieve his demand before full on melt down.  Whenever I tell Carsen to do something I get various responses some as such:

"You go ______ momma"
"I am seriously not doing that"
"You need to settle down, just settle down"
"...or maybe not mom"
"Ok (pause) -no action- fine, fine"
"No -walks away-"

I've missed writing a lot of them down lately because my hands have been very full or my phone isn't on me, but I think you get the point. Mr. Kip sleeps through all of the crying and screaming.

Kip is starting to react to you when you smile and laugh. He is extremely alert and bright eyed, he spends a lot of time in either a wrap, ring sling or soft structured carrier which has made him a little co dependent lately but it is one of the only ways to keep up with Carsen and get things done. I highly suggest baby wearing for all mommas! Especially if you're breastfeeding because there are a lot of carriers out there that make it easy to do that while on the move! I'm going to get Joe to snap some pictures of Kiptyn in all of our carriers this week on myself and Joe since it is not just for moms! 

My postpartum healing has been a dream come true- like it was with Carsen.
My bleeding stopped after 2 weeks and was always fairly light, within that two weeks I went from 150 to 127 (pre pregnancy 120) I am currently at 124. My stomach has almost flattened out completely but the love handles I gained during pregnancy are still holding on strong. I have been to the gym twice now just doing cardio in preparation for soccer which starts next Thursday! And I have gone on two hikes with a big group of moms! I've been out of the house almost every day since Kip was born comfortably. I give so much credit to breastfeeding and why my body is bouncing back so quickly! I also have just recently stopped using my "Belly Bandit" and I swear that helped with my uterus going back down to size and keeping my bleeding minimal. If you haven't heard of a Belly Bandit I highly recommend checking them out! 



I also wore my BLANQI under bust belly support tank, which is actually a maternity top but it is so nicely fitted and I found it nice and slimming to wear under most of my tops for the first 3 weeks. I recommend these for my pregnant mommas! Worth every cent.


OUR FAVOURITE PRODUCTS FOR KIPTYN SO FAR (Carriers not included):
Wubbanub: http://www.wubbanub.com/
Natursutten Pacifier: http://www.natursutten.com/
Aden and Anais Bamboo Swaddlers AND Carseat Canopy: https://www.adenandanais.ca/en-ca/home
Ergo Pouch: http://www.ergopouch.com.au/
Maxi Cosi Prezi Car Seat: http://www.maxi-cosi.com/ca-en/products/car-seats/infant/prezi.aspx
City Select Stroller by Baby Jogger: http://www.babyjogger.com/product/city-select/